Cancer is such a debilitating disease that affects millions of lives. There is no cure for it and people who are diagnosed with it are left confused about which treatment option to pursue. Most people usually assume that best option for the treatment of lies in surgery, radiation therapy, and chemotherapy, which is also infamously known as “slash, burn, and, poison.” This is why an increasing number of individuals are looking to holistic cancer treatment for a more positive approach to cancer management.
A holistic cancer treatment embraces the idea of overcoming cancer by looking at the body in its entirety. It seeks to uncover the underlying causes of the disease and use the most natural ways to confront them.
For proponents and supporters of the holistic approach, cancer does not develop by accident but is rather caused by a plethora of reasons, majority of which are caused by eating the wrong kinds of food, as well as not eating the right types of foods.
Although there is no single food that can fight cancer on its own, a diet filled with foods that contain essential nutrients strengthening the immune system can go a long way in helping you cope with cancer. Many of the minerals, vitamins, and phytochemicals found in food have anti-cancer effects.
Here are some of the foods you need to eat to complement your holistic cancer treatment:
- dark green leafy ones
- broccoli and other cruciferous veggies
- Green Tea
- dry beans
- Squash (winter)
- Whole Grains
Make sure you fill two-thirds of your plate with the aforementioned foods, instead of meat and other cholesterol- or carb-loaded food.
Certain Things to Remember About Cancer (From a Holistic Perspective)
1. Blame the Toxins that Enter Your Body
– Cancer is partly about the toxins that you either inhale or ingest, or even put on your skin. It is important to consume grain and other organic produce. Anything processed is already laden with toxic ingredients that are destructive to your body system. Avoid cooking using electric ranges and microwaves as they alter the food that you eat.
2. Keep Your Body in Good Shape
– This means that you have to take extra precaution and immediate treatment to make sure your organs are performing their functions, especially the liver and the gallbladder, which filters out toxins in the body.
3. Address Nutritional Deficiencies
– More and more people are eating foods that do not contain the required nutrients that will keep their bodies healthy and disease-free. Make herbs your bestfriends and start giving them more importance and not just as garnishings and flavor enhancers.
4. Kill the Cancer Thriving Inside
– There are remedies for cancer that if taken immediately, along with other nutritious food, can help the body handle the cancerous cells.
5. Take Blood and Urine Tests
– A blood test will help determine whether you have vitamin D deficiency, which is becoming more and more rampant among adults, especially in Northern climates, where there is not enough sunlight. A urine test, on the other hand, can see whether you have metals that exceed the normal content level in your body.