Aggressive Alternative Treatments for Medulloblastoma in Adults
Survive your disease. At New Hope Unlimited, our administrative and medical teams are dedicated to provide the most comprehensive treatments that:
- Stimulates spontaneous tumor regression
- Rebuilds the immune system to fight cancer recurrence
- Advocates fewer side effects than conventional medicine
- Improves quality of life
What Patients Say About Cancer Treatment at New Hope
What Is Medulloblastoma?
Battling cancer begins with being armed with essential information about the disease.
Adult medulloblastoma is a fast-growing, high-grade tumor. It starts in the cerebellum, which regulates complex motor movements and cognitive functions. If one or more tumors invade the brain stem, the risk of causing significant neurologic damage is high. Fortunately, while medulloblastoma often proliferates and may spread to other parts of the body, it usually responds well to treatment.
Medulloblastoma in adults represents only 1 percent of all malignant (cancerous) brain tumors. It typically affects younger adults between the ages of 20 and 40. In the United States, only about 200 men and women are diagnosed each year.
Medulloblastomas We Treat at New Hope Unlimited
There are several types of medulloblastoma. The two primary variants include:
Most classic medulloblastomas are cellular tumors with masses of small, undifferentiated round or oval cells. Some medulloblastomas show glial, neuronal, and other differentiation.
Desmoplastic nodular medulloblastoma
What defines this histologic variant of medulloblastoma is the presence of a reticulin-rich stroma and reticulin-poor, nodular, pale islands with markers of neuronal differentiation.
Medulloblastoma Symptoms in Adults
Signs of medulloblastoma vary from patient to patient and may include:
- Abrupt onset of headaches, most especially in the morning
- Nausea or vomiting
- Problems with motor skills, such as sudden clumsiness
- Loss of balance and coordination, leading to difficulty walking
- Constant lack of energy or frequent tiredness
- Blurry eyesight due to swelling of the optic disc at the back of the eye (papilledema)
- Involuntary or abnormal eye movements
In some cases, medulloblastoma tumors can spread to other parts of the brain and spinal cord. If this happens, a patient may experience back pain, further difficulty walking, and an inability to control bladder and bowel functions. Discuss any significant physical changes with your doctor since they may signal medulloblastoma or other health problems.
Medulloblastoma Risks Factors
Medical researchers do not yet know the causes of medulloblastoma. However, certain factors may increase a person’s risk, including:
- Age. Most medulloblastoma cases occur before the age of 40.
- Gender. Adult medulloblastoma is more common in men than in women.
- Race. Caucasians are at slightly higher risk than African Americans.
- Genetic conditions. Those with cancer predisposition syndromes like Li-Fraumeni syndrome, Nevoid basal cell carcinoma syndrome, Gorlin syndrome, and Turcot syndrome are more likely to develop medulloblastoma.
Detection and Diagnosis
If you have symptoms of medulloblastoma, your physician will perform a general medical examination and ask questions about overall health. Then, he or she may order the following diagnostic tests to determine if you have medulloblastoma and if it has spread:
- Neurological exam
- Computed tomography (CT or CAT) scan
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scan of the brain and spine
- Positive emission tomography (PET) scan
- Tissue sample testing (biopsy)
- Removal of cerebrospinal fluid for analysis (lumbar puncture)
Alternative Medulloblastoma Treatments for Adults
At New Hope Medical Center, medulloblastoma treatments are carefully designed by a team of highly specialized experts. Our certified doctors, who additionally practice alternative medicine, develop customized care plans centered on each patient’s specific treatment needs. We take a team approach to delivering cancer therapies with the least possible short- and long-term side effects, prioritizing the patient’s quality of life. Click Here to learn more.
- Advanced Cancer Treatments
- Top-Rated Physicians
- Personal Care
- Patient Satisfaction
Our Top-of-the-Line Medical Facilities
At New Hope Unlimited, we pride ourselves in providing superior comfort, cleanliness, and cancer care at our 8,000 square foot medical treatment center in San Luis Rio Colorado, Mexico. We worked with renowned architects and contractors to create the ideal space for recovery, which includes state-of-the-art lounge areas and spacious private in-rooms that assure the comfort of our patients and their loved ones.
To make our patients feel right at home, each private ward is equipped with high-definition U.S. television, quality bedding, and high-speed internet connection. And with proper nutrition playing a vital role in cancer recovery, New Hope Unlimited also fulfills the dietary needs of each patient using fresh, organic produce to prepare breakfasts, lunches, snacks, and dinners.
Comfort and cleanliness are also strictly implemented in our medical treatment rooms, which are equipped with the latest medical supplies and technology to provide the highest standard of care and treatment. Our medical center also has an in-house Hyperbaric Chamber, a well-established therapy for decompression sickness, exclusively available for our patients’ use.
Further, New Hope Unlimited has maintained its exceptional partnership with Hospital Migoo, a medical group comprised of certified physicians and specialists committed to our patients’ care and well-being.
1. What specific treatments does New Hope offer?
Click here to learn about our combination of conventional, alternative, and holistic therapies for medulloblastoma.
2. Why should I choose New Hope over other cancer treatment facilities?
Our cancer treatment center addresses medulloblastoma from a physical, emotional, and spiritual perspective. We focus on the patient first, whereas most treatment centers prioritize the disease over the patient.
WE’D LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU! REQUEST FOR A CONSULTATION
STOP FEELING HELPLESS TO YOUR DISEASE... YOU STILL HAVE OPTIONS!Schedule an appointment with New Hope